Some of the most well known entertainment and shopping destinations are found in the Gold Coast. Apartments and condos close to the Gold Coast are luxurious in their own right, but when you consider the varied dining destinations near them, you’ve entered another realm of the luxury lifestyle.
Restaurants in the Gold Coast
Table Fifty-Two – Table Fifty-Two is the gourmet soul food restaurant helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith. As Oprah’s favorite chef, Smith has served his Southern-style dishes to celebrities, politicians and families alike.
- Tavern on Rush – This classic steakhouse serves upscale American cuisine with a pleasantly familiar feel. The outdoor patio becomes a must-visit destination in the spring and summer months.
- Gibson’s – The flagship Gibson’s is a big city steakhouse where you’ll find big martinis, big steaks and big deserts, and a long wine list to accompany your meal. Live piano after 5 p.m.
- M Burger – For lunch only, swing by the newest eatery from the successful Lettuce Entertain You Group. Dedicated exclusively to traditional, fresh burgers, the burger joint serves up all their sandwiches for under $5.
Additionally, the Gold Coast is home to some of the nation’s most popular restaurant chains. For a quick, low-key meal, you can visit Dave & Buster’s, Johnny Rockets, Big Bowl, Cheesecake Factory, Corner Bakery, Gold Coast Dogs and many others, all within the bounds of the Gold Coast.
Bars & Lounges in the Gold Coast
Bars and lounges near Gold Coast apartments run the gamut from high-end luxury brasseries to dive bars with long Chicago stories. Whatever your mood, you can find a drinking establishment to match it.
– Tropically-themed Trader Vic’s transports you to the islands with Mai Tais and other retro cocktails. Come for a Polynesian dinner at the famous restaurant and stay late in the tiki lounge.
- 3rd Coast Cafe and Wine Bar – Enjoy “full breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch, and wall of wine” at this all-day eatery. Open from 7 a.m. to midnight daily, you can always slip into this Chicago institution for a relaxed lounge experience.
- Hugo’s Frog Bar and Fish House – Opened by the owners of Gibson’s, this seafood restaurant has the same class and quality as its sister steakhouse next door. It has been said that no matter what time you go to Hugo’s, there’s always a party at the bar.
Shopping Destinations in the Gold Coast
From the upscale outlets of famous brands to small boutiques with big personalities, the shopping offerings of the Gold Coast can satisfy the most discerning consumer.
Luxury Brands – Prada, Hermes and Yves Saint Laurent all have locations in the Gold Coast — even if you are just window shopping, the high-end offerings of brands like these are exciting and inspiring.
- Shoes, shoes, shoes – Jimmy Choo, Uggs Australia and Tory Burch bring their fashionable and functional footwear to the streets of Chicago from their stores in the Gold Coast.
- Boutiques – Locally-owned Ikram hand selects designer duds for its particular clientele. For current styles and personalized shopping, the many small, designer boutiques of the Gold Coast have the selection and service that serious shoppers require. For a larger selection, try the New York-based Intermix. The Chicago location of this boutique-style store is full of designer pieces for any shopper’s taste.
From dining to shopping, the destinations of this elite Chicago neighborhood fit in perfectly with the luxury lifestyle offered by Chicago apartments for rent in the Gold Coast or nearby. For residents accustomed the lifestyle of Lakeshore East, visiting this neighborhood will be well worth the trip.