Summer is a time to go out and play. If you are running out of ideas, we have compiled some activities for you to do with your friends and family. Get out there and enjoy summer with these inexpensive and fun DIY projects, and make this the best summer ever.
- Create giant pool bubbles. All you need for this is a tiny pool (one of the plastic ones will do), some water, a hula hoop, and some dish soap. Mix the soap and the water in the pool. Then use the hula hoop to create the bubbles. Lift the hula hoop around a friend or child and watch the amazement. This is a fun activity for people of all ages. Who doesn’t like giant body bubbles?
- Make your own slip and slide in the backyard. All you need is some a heavy plastic sheet, foam noodles, and Velcro. Attach the noodles to the plastic with the Velcro. Then, add some water and start sliding. To make it even more slippery, you can add some dish soap to the water.
- Set up a movie lounge in your backyard. You can have a family movie night or invite some friends over. All you need are some cushions, a sheet to broadcast the movie on, and a projector. Choose a movie and decorate with other sheets around if you like. This is a good way to get out of the house and enjoy the summer night air with your friends and family. Pop some popcorn and make it an event.
- If you have space in your backyard, you can make a fire pit to enjoy all summer long. Everyone will want to make s’mores, and it is a fun thing to socialize around. To make the fire pit, choose a spot that is away from trees and build a small hole. Then, place rocks around the hole to create a safety barrier. Grab some firewood and some sticks and start making your s’mores. You will want to use it again and again.
- Want another way to get out of the house but can’t leave for some reason? Camp out in your backyard. Put up a tent and pretend like you are on vacation. Tell stories over the fire (another time the fire pit is useful), make some (more) s’mores, and enjoy the great outdoors right in your own backyard.
- Create a Twister game on your lawn. This one is very easy to do and can provide hours of fun. All you need is some spray pain in several colors that are typically found on the Twister board. Spray some dots in your grass to make the Twister board and start playing. You will need the spinner that comes with the game, but this way of playing it is much more fun. Play with your children or spice it up for adults with a summer beverage.
There are so many things that you can do in the summer right in your own backyard. These are just some ideas to get you started. What kind of adventure will you find in your backyard this summer?