Magellan Development Group LLC is seeking a full time Project Accountant to perform a variety of accounting functions in our downtown corporate office.
Responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of construction accounting and general ledger processing.
- Preparing monthly pay applications including coordination of construction manager, general contractor, title company, partners, and lender.
- Reviewing and verifying approved vendor invoices prior to payment.
- Researching and resolving any discrepancies.
- Timely preparation and transmission of invoice payment.
- General Ledger input of accounts payable transactions.
- Monthly reconciliations.
- Point of contact for vendor, partner, and lender inquiries.
- Perform other general accounting functions
- Minimum of three plus years of experience in accounting required, preferably in real estate.
- Able to read “between the lines” to analyze information on a global scale.
- Skilled at effectively working in a team environment or independently.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal skills.
- Must have accounting software experience with QuickBooks, experience with Yardi a plus.
- Previous construction accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.